Members only shopping announced the their own Smartwatch coming this fall.
This Holiday season could be the begin of the smartwatch era if Apple indeed is releasing the iWatch. Today member only shopping platform Gilt announced to sell their own smartwatch this fall. Gilt is teaming up with Michael Bastian to offer their members a luxury watch with smart technology engineered by Hewlett-Packard. Michael Bastian is an American fashion designer known for his namesake label, Michael Bastian, and his work for brands such as GANT.
The Michael Bastian Smartwatch redefines the classic timepiece with a modern technology twist, blending design and superior craftsmanship with innovative technology. Michael’s overall design aesthetic of the watch was inspired by the dashboards and trim details of luxury cars.
The watch features include:
- A 44mm stainless steel case with a multi-layered finish
- Inlaid button controls
- Three interchangeable watchbands, including durable black rubber (seen in reveal), perforated brown leather and olive green nylon (seen in sketch) – providing unique looks to customize the watch for a range of occasions and personal styles
- Distinctive crown bezel bolts and lighted chronograph that are classic Michael Bastian touches
The celebrate the launch, Michael Bastian also designed a limited edition version with a sleek all-black look and custom luxury details and materials (seen in sketch).
Engineered by Hewlett-Packard, the watches offer smart functionality seamlessly integrated with a beautiful design. It’s compatible with both Android and iOS devices and syncs with an app that allows users to interact seamlessly with the watch interface.
- Quickly check time, date, weather, stocks and sports updates
- Easily & remotely control your music with your connected device
- Stay up-to-date with calendar and appointment reminders
- Receive email and social media notifications
- Read text messages
- Stay informed about battery status
- Durable, water resistant and ready for an active lifestyle
- Power reserve up to 7 days
— highsnobiety 42 weeks 22 hours ago.
The watches will go on sale on Gilt at this Fall. Pricing has not been revealed yet.
The Gilt smartwatch has a great design, but the features are just the typical smartwatch features found in today’s smartwatches that are just bought and not used. Everyone is waiting for Apple to show how smartwatches work. It is a huge challenge and Apple might run into an epic fail like Samsung.
Share this Story
You Might Also Like
Read the Latest from I4U News