The Feminine Answer to the Phenomenon that is Eminem
The Feminine Answer to the Phenomenon that is Eminem
A Female Rapper & Music Mapper
7th June, 1990
Area of the Artist
Sydney, Australia (she’s a true Aussie!)
What She Does for a Living
Recording Artist and Model and subsequent Rapper par Excellence.
A Few Facts in a Jiffy…
- Two of her songs titled “Pu$$y” and “Two Times” went viral on YouTube. They were very provocative numbers indeed. But then it is pretty obvious that being outrageous sells records.
- Her songs especially “Fancy” reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 Charts. She has been compared to the Beatles as regards her phenomenal success and fame. Her recent number with Ariana Grande titled “Problem” where the staccato rap delivery she does is just excellent is simply unforgettable.
- She had a slight difference of interest with Nicki Minaj due to the latter’s speech at an award ceremony. Nicki indirectly accused Azalea of being a one hit wonder and taking the credit for work done by others. She was referring to the lyrics of her songs of course. But later on when Azalea was asked concerning this, she brushed it off and refused to be baited into a fight with Nicki.
- Among the many people that Iggy wants to thank for influencing her for the better /4/be included: Tupac Shakur, Missy Elliot, Grace Kelly, Lil’ Kim, Gwen Stefani, Spice Girls, Victoria Beckham and Fran Drescher. She absolutely adored the late Tupac and Missy Elliot for helping her gain a sense of rap, rhyme and rhythm. As for the rest of the names mentioned, they gave her a series of tips on style.
- She has dated the rap artist known as ASAP Rocky. But the two broke up recently and since then she has been seen arm in arm with the LA Lakers basketball player Nick Young. Azalea is a beautiful and slim jim of a girl with blonde locks and she is attractive to boot. This beauty was some years in the making though since she has undergone several makeovers before her present state of natural feminine pulling power was achieved.
Life Story in a Nutshell…
She began the journey of life as Amethyst Amelia Kelly. It was a long way off before she would be called Iggy Azalea by the rest of the world. Sydney was the city of her birth and later on her entire family shifted to Mullumbimby in New South Wales. All this took place when Iggy was still a toddler. So she was unconscious of the fact that she was going places (so to say). Her father Brendan was a painter and her mother Tanya was a house cleaner.
It was her father who sparked an interest in art for art’s sake in Iggy. She began her career as a rap artist at the precocious age of 14. As a teen nubbin she even formed a three girl band but later on dissolved it due to the fact that the other two girls were just fooling around. Azalea hated schoolwork and she only liked art classes. Later on she dropped out and began working with her mother in order to save up enough cash to go to America, the Land of Opportunity. Azalea made few friends in school and was generally on the receiving side of relentless bullying.
Iggy’s mother was worried sick about her and wanted her to be very careful regarding her health and safety in America. Iggy felt like a big fish in a little pond in Australia. She wanted to go where the whole scene was happening and that was no place other than the US of A. Iggy would later on change her name to the present epithet. She borrowed the “Iggy” from the pet name of her dog and the “Azalea” from the street where her family used to live. In the beginning everyone scoffed at her rapping efforts. But Iggy was bigger than her ego and so she took it all with a grain of salt. Soon enough the laughing crowd fell silent when she broke out in the open with hit songs.
Pu$$y was her first song and it as previously mentioned went viral. She was to later on collaborate with many people including the rapper T.I. and French Montana. Her song Murda Bizness made waves. Beyond that such numbers as Bounce, Work, Change your Life, Fancy and Problem (with Ariana Grande) made her a world-famous figure. Her Black Widow with Rita Ora made her worth even more.
To this day, Iggy raps in a southern accent which she picked up during her stints in Miami and Atlanta. She has virtually left behind her Aussie accent and adopted this requirement for all rappers. And despite Nicki Minaj’s mean comments at the award show, the fact of the matter is that Iggy is on top of the world and enjoying every single second of it. Nicki is probably just bloody jealous, which was the reason behind her strange remarks. Iggy shrugs off such barbs since she has the hide of a rhinoceros, which is a necessity in show business.
- The New Classic
- Fast & Furious 7
- House of Style
Awards & Nominations
- BET Award
- Billboard Music Award
- MTV Award
- MOBO Award
- Teen Choice Award
- World Music Award
- Young Hollywood Award
- Iggy believes that music is an art form that ought to be free from the meddlesome censors. Censorship is a product of sick minds.
- For her the very idea of a treat or a luxury is something small and beautiful. A small candy placed on your pillow by a loved one before you go to sleep or a folded napkin in a fine dining establishment are her idea of the good things in life.
- Since she shares and gives to others, the happiness comes back to her in double form. She knows that what goes around comes around.
- Iggy’s favorite color is purple. And that is due her earlier name “Amethyst”.
- She does not consider herself a very good role model and believes that not every artist has the capacity to be so. As for being shocking, she believes it helps her sell her songs to a worldwide audience.
- Iggy believes in the power of irrationality since what we call nonsense is just that…”non-sense”…in other words it has nothing to do with sense. It comes from another dimension. Both poetry and rap have a lot in common and one of those things is an appetite for the surrealistic.
Iggy is a Biggy on the Rap Scene
/4/she Continue to Entertain in a Big Way far into the Future
Girl you are a Pearl and you Deserve an Earl!