On Friday Marion ‘Suge’ Knight collapsed head first in the courtroom after the judge agreed with the prosecution’s request and set his bail at $25 million.
Marion ‘Suge’ Knight collapsed in the courtroom after the judge set his bail at $25 million. The rap mogul Suge made the court hearing regarding his bail on Friday. Shortly after the judge passed the final verdict and set Suge’s bail at a whopping $25 million in a pending murder case, Suge hit the floor of the courtroom.
Suge was walking back towards the defense table when he collapsed after the judge cleared the courtroom and after collapsing Suge appeared motionless. Suge’s family was also present outside the courtroom and ten minutes later when his lawyer came out he said Suge was still unconscious.
According to LATimes, Matthew Fletcher the lawyer appointed by Suge informed his family in the hallway and Suge’s mother started crying and asking for more info regarding his condition.
According to Fletcher his client Suge is not being provided the proper medical care for his diabetes, Glaucoma and a blood clot near his lungs. Suge was being kept in solitary confinement and wasn’t provided a breakfast on Friday morning and was even deprived of hot water and blanket in the prison.
As Fletcher described it Suge had been sweating profusely when he appeared in court Friday morning and collapsed head first to the ground. The fainting incident occurred after Fletcher declared the prosecution’s request of a $25 million bail absurd and called for a more reasonable bail such as $2 million.
An ambulance was called and took Suge to the hospital and Fletcher is still awaiting an update on Suge’s health. Suge’s father told the media he is very upset and concerned about his son’s health. Suge’s father elaborated he just want to know if his son is okay and the situation is becoming unbearable for him.
On the other hand the prosecution declared Suge and unrepentant and prolific criminal with a history of violence. The Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Barnes argued for the bail to be set at $25 million and was granted the request.
According to the claims made by Barnes Suge extorted money from new rappers and even had a felony charge pending from a robbery case last year. Barnes stressed Suge’s violent behavior finally led to murder and the bail is incentive enough to stop his behavior.
Suge is charged with having run over and murdered Cle Sloan and Terry Carter. Carter’s daughter crystal Carter was also present during the hearing and scoffed when Suge collapsed as according to her Suge is an actor and murdered who is only trying to gain sympathy. The preliminary hearing for the murder has been set on the 13th of April.
Share this Story
You Might Also Like
Read the Latest from I4U News
blog comments powered by Disqus