Suge Knight Goes Blind, Hospitalized Again

Suge Knight goes Blind, Hospitalized Again

Credit: Getty Images
  • Suge Knight claims to have fired his lawyers as he pleaded with court about his failing health

The former rapper took to talking in the court himself about his deteriorating health, his loss of weight and vision, and his clotting lungs, while he claimed to have fired his lawyers.

Suge Knight, 49, former rapper and founder of the Death Row Records was convicted of first-degree murder after a hit and run charge. Reportedly Knight crashed his truck in L.A. near a film set pinning two male victims. One of the victims Terry Carter aged 55 died in the crash while the other victim Cle ‘Bone’ Sloan aged 51 was severely injured.

The former rapper reportedly fled the scene which raked up to hit and run charges. He was in on bail from a bank robbery arrest at the time. This incident caused his arrest to be warranted without possibility of bail. In a recent hearing, Knight appeared before Judge Brandlin in Supreme Court handling homicide case.

He told the judge that his eyesight was deteriorating drastically as he could not see from his right eye and had 15 percent visibility through his left. He had been rushed to the hospital when he suffered from a blood clot in his lungs for which he was given blood thinners.

He also said that he had lost 35 pounds because of his ill health. He highlighted that he was not receiving adequate medical treatment and his health was rapidly declining because of being shot six times last year. Judge Brandlin started to dictate his decisions which Knight tried to interrupt but the judge told him to stay quiet until he was finished talking.

Knight sat heavily grunting as Judge Brandlin ordered Knight to be attended at a hospital and then referred him to Judge Ronald Coen’s courtroom. At Judge Coen’s courtroom, David Kenner, the attorney assigned to the case, pleaded with the judge about inadequate medical treatment Knight was receiving in jail.

He told the judge that his client had been jailed too long and a bail hearing should be convened but Knight announced that he had fired Kenner and his partner as his lawyers and they no longer represented him.

While the revelation was made and deliberated, no final ruling was given about bail. The next hearing was announced for March 9th. Knight has been taken to the hospital a third time now after he has been jailed. The former rapper was flanked by guards as he spoke in desperation about his health. He wore orange jail overalls and glasses which seem to be aiding his failing sight.


Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter

Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Might Also Like

Read the Latest from I4U News


blog comments powered by Disqus

Back to Top , Read the Latest Stories

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *